IRISH BEEF STEW RECIPE
This hearty beef stew is made from trimmed, lean beef chuck.This savory recipe is a complete meal in itself. Don’t forget the Irish stout beer as it’s what makes this recipe unique.
Prep 20 min | Cook 1 hour | Serves 6
– 2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 pound lean beef stew meat
– 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 1 small onion, chopped
– 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
– 6 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
– 2 cups beef broth
– 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle Irish stout beer
– 4 cups sliced carrot
– 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
– 1 tablespoon cornstarch
– 1 tablespoon cold water
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Coat beef cubes with flour, shaking off the excess. Fry beef cubes until browned on all sides. Remove from the pot. Add the onion, mushrooms, and garlic to the pot, and cook stirring constantly until onion is tender, about 3 minutes.
2. Return beef to the pot, and stir in tomato paste, beef broth, and beer. Add potatoes and carrots, cover, and simmer over low heat for about 1 hour. Mix together the cornstarch and cold water. Stir into the stew, and simmer until thickened. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.