This is an easy method for cooking pretty much any type of white fish such as walleye, cod or tilapia.
PREP TIME: 10 MIN | SERVES: 2-4
- 2 to 4 – 6 oz walleye fillets , removing skin is optional
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tsp of lemon pepper seasoning (or seasoning of choice – blackened seasoning, cajun, garlic butter)
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and add the oil or butter to the pan.
- Season the tilapia filets generously with lemon pepper seasoning.
- Place the fish right over the melted butter.
- Then put a pan over the top of the fish. This creates steam in the inside of the pan.
- Cook the fish 4 to 5 minutes per side or until the fish reaches a temperature of 145 degrees. The walleye will turn white when it is done cooking.