Prep 15 m | Cook 10 m | Ready In 25 m | 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 (6 ounce) fillets red snapper
- 1 1/2 cups butter, melted
1. In a small bowl, mix together paprika, cayenne pepper, white pepper, black pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, and oregano.
2. Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat for 10 minutes, or until extremely hot.
3. Dip fish into melted butter, and sprinkle each fillet generously with the seasoning mixture. Place the fish fillets in the hot skillet. Pour 1 tablespoon of butter over each fillet. Cook until the coating on the underside of the fillet turns black, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn the fish over. Pour another tablespoon of butter over the fish, and cook for 2 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.