2 cups cooked and shredded chicken breast
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 Tablespoon dried chives
1/2 Tablespoon dried, minced onion
Salt and Pepper, to taste
2 (8 oz.) cans Pillsbury Crescent Roll dough
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- To Make Rolls: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper then set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese, chives, onion and season with salt and pepper.
- Unroll crescent dough from cans and press together two triangles to create one rectangle. Make sure you press together the perforations well so your filling wont ooze out. You should have 8 rectangles total.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of chicken mixture into the center of rectangle. Fold each corner over the center of filling. Press together to cover filling entirely. Shape into a ball. Repeat with all rectangles. Once all pillows are formed, dip each into the melted butter, and then coat in breadcrumbs. Shake off excess. Place each coated chicken pillow onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Creamy Parmesan Sauce: While the rolls are baking, prepare the sauce. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour, cooking over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture is golden and bubbly. Slowly whisk in the milk, stirring in the chicken bouillon, salt and pepper once the milk has been completely added. Stir constantly over medium heat until the sauce thickens and bubbles, about 5-10 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and continue to stir until cheese is melted. Remove the sauce from the heat. Thin with a little milk if needed.
- Serve the rolls warm from the oven with Parmesan cream sauce drizzled over the top.
Creamy Parmesan Sauce
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 chicken bouillon cube or 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 cups milk
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese